MONTROSE, CO - A group of local business leaders, headed by Tonya Maddox, CEO of Our Town Matters, have announced the formation of the Greater Montrose Area Chamber of Commerce. The non-profit organization was formed to advocate, promote, and protect business interests in Montrose.
In response to a growing belief among business owners and professionals that business centric and pro-small business solutions and advocacy is needed in this area, the following individuals are investing their time and expertise as inaugural board members serving from October 1, 2020 until December 31, 2021:
· Tracy Baldwin, U.S. Bank
· John Bullington, Rose Bowl Entertainment Center
· Jaimee Carnes, Elderado Financial
· Tony Driskill, Cherry Creek Media
· Sue Frank, TEI Rock Drills
· Theresa Leben, Welcome Western Colorado
· Kathy McKie, DMEA
· Tonya Maddox, Our Town Matters
· Selvin Sandoval, Sandoval Construction
· Megan Wilson, Shelter Insurance
· Sheree Wanner, Camelot Gardens
When asked why she initiated the efforts to launch a chamber of commerce, Maddox stated, “local chambers of commerce are needed because when done well, they equally tackle issues and trends taking place in their community as well as offer resources and services to help local businesses succeed.”
The inaugural board of directors will meet in the coming weeks to assign officers, finalize membership levels and benefits, and create a launch plan for October 1st.
Copyright © 2020 Greater Montrose Area Chamber of Commerce - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Our Town Mattters